Sunday, December 30, 2007

Endings HQ

Welcome to the Endings Blog-a-Thon, running the 27th to the 30th, here at JMC! I announced it back in October, so if you're confused at all about what or why this is, everything is layed out there. So enjoy!

Here is what I've gotten so far...

-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-

Day One The Anti-Climactic Ones
The Rural Juror A scattering of Wong Kar Wai films (and some others)
Joey's Film Blog The short great ending of The Long Good Friday
The Sickness' Cinema The Perfectness of Bringing Up Baby

Day Two The Slick and Steady
Joey's Film Blog Two smiles, a hallway, and a pair of elevator doors for Breach
Boy on Film His effective five, including Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Kill Bill

Day Three The Ones You Didn't See Coming
Maul of America "Bless Us, Everyone" and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (with a lot of groaning concerning the upcoming remake)
When I Look Deep In Your Eyes "Forget the Alamo," Lone Star

Day Four The Bold and Triumphant
Stale Popcorn Stay out of the water when Nicole Kidman is near...
Gee Bobg "Just one look" on four classics
Joe's Movie Corner (Hey that's us!) Bourne for the third time

The Negatives "Too Little Too Late" comes to mind...
LAZY EYE THEATRE "All dances must come to an end" in Fandango

-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-♥-

If you'd like to be included in my wonderful celebration of all things finito, you can still join at any time! Even though it's ended! I mean, why not, right? Just e-mail me or tell me in the comments with your post URL and I'll put it here for all to see! And thank you to all the people who have joined!

LAST UPDATED: 7:29 pm EST - Negative Day 2

Labels:

17 Comments

At 12/27/2007 2:32 AM , Blogger Rural Juror said...

Here's my entry!

http://theruraljuror.blogspot.com/2007/12/wong-kar-wai-knows-how-to-end-film.html

 
At 12/27/2007 4:36 AM , OpenID joeylaura4 said...

This is Joey from Joey's Film Blog. Here's my entry, and I'll have another one tomorrow!

The Short Great Ending of The Long Good Friday

 
At 12/27/2007 7:11 AM , Blogger PJ said...

Love you? You're the most unlovable creature I've ever encountered.

Why don't you tell me how Atonement ended, if you can. Wasn't it released a few weeks ago in your country? Or are you trying to obtain it by your usual nefarious means as they won't allow you in the cinema?

Shame on you.

 
At 12/27/2007 10:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always the years, always the love,always
....the Hours

 
At 12/27/2007 1:32 PM , Blogger Fletch said...

I have no idea what this post is about.

 
At 12/28/2007 3:11 AM , OpenID joeysfilmblog said...

Joey's Film Blog, with another one like I promised. (Not as many frame-grabs this time.)

Two Smiles, a Hallway, and a Pair of Elevator Doors

 
At 12/29/2007 9:51 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

Agh! I completely forgot about this and I had planned to take part. I might have something up for tomorrow (I have a reeeally rough draft of something in a notebook) but I have to find time to squeeze in a rewrite/typing of it amid homework and such. But I'll do my best.

Question - anyone recommend me a good, free, simple program for getting screengrabs? I'm running Vista, btw.

 
At 12/29/2007 12:19 PM , Blogger GCCR said...

Catherine...

One approach to doing screen captures (that you should already be able to do on your computer) would be to run the clip on your PC (sized as you want it to appear), pause the player at the point you want to capture, then simultaneously hit the CTRL and Print Screen keys.

Open Paint and do a paste. It should give you a screen shot from the point you hit CTRL/Print Screen. Then just crop in Paint and save as a JPEG.

 
At 12/29/2007 3:56 PM , Blogger J.D. said...

Catherine: I used a VLC Player when I had XP and it worked great. I haven't tried it yet on Vista though... (and thank you for reminding me I do need to)

 
At 12/29/2007 6:18 PM , Blogger Middento said...

Here's my entry! And here's hoping you get more as well!

http://deepinyoureyes.blogspot.com/2007/12/forget-alamo.html

 
At 12/30/2007 3:17 AM , Blogger Brooke Cloudbuster said...

Many thanks for linking to my post; even though I completely forgot to tell you that I posted it. >_>

 
At 12/30/2007 6:40 AM , Blogger Kamikaze Camel said...

Mine's up. It was meant to be up earlier but I got majorly busy this weekend.

And, yes, VLC is the best player to use if you wanna get screengrabs. Paint doesn't work, but if you have Photoshop it does.

 
At 12/30/2007 7:45 AM , Blogger JS said...

I did not get informed that this was occurring. I am sad now. =(

I'll just go and read everyone elses entries.

 
At 1/01/2008 8:11 PM , Blogger Piper said...

Too Little Too Late? How about Best For Last. Sheeeesh.

 
At 1/01/2008 8:13 PM , Blogger J.D. said...

Well, that'd be for the ones from Day 4. :P

 
At 6/23/2009 7:06 AM , Blogger sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣商品,飛機杯,自慰套,自慰,充氣娃娃,按摩棒,跳蛋,潤滑液,SM道具,SM,情趣內衣,情趣,角色扮演,丁字褲,吊帶襪,電動按摩棒,G點,巨乳,性感睡衣

 
At 7/11/2009 5:32 AM , Blogger reyt said...

we world of warcraft gold offer last chaos gold and flyff power leveling and flyff moneyand 2moons power leveling or2moons dil go to cheap aoc gold

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home